The Spannocchia Foundation seeks to encourage global dialogue about sustaining cultural landscapes for future generations through the example of the Tenuta di Spannocchia.
Areas of Interest
- Natural resource conservation.
- Local ecology.
- Sustainable agriculture and forestry.
- Cultural history including crafts and the fine arts.
- Traditional land management practices.
- Farm based education
We will fulfill our mission by focusing on and achieving the following strategic goals:
- To develop and maintain financial accounting systems, integrated operating budgets, and comprehensive management plans for the Azienda Agricola, Associazione, and Foundation that will provide solid management bases for Spannocchia’s 5-year goals.
- To be an innovative sustainable agricultural operation, showcasing organic methods of farming and renewable resource use, and providing for most of the food and energy needs of Spannocchia.
- To develop opportunities for educational experiences for all members and visitors to Spannocchia by creating and maintaining programs and activities that focus on the core elements of the Foundation’s mission.
- To develop integrated and comprehensive marketing and educational tools that clearly describe, “What is Spannocchia?”
- To complete a building and land use plan that preserves the simple and traditional character of Spannocchia while improving the beauty and utility of its built and natural environment.
- To nurture the traditional rustic simplicity and collective spirit of Spannocchia, supporting the internal community and building meaningful connections with the wider community.
2014 Statement of Financial Position
|Endowment & Reserve Fund||$58,458|
|Liabilities & Net Assets|
|Total Liabilities & Net Assets||$105,448|
|Statement of Activities|
|Total Support & Revenue||$466,557|
TOTAL REVENUES $465,557
General Management 10%
Contributions to Associazione Castello di Spannocchia 89%
TOTAL EXPENSES $469,439